Our most frequently asked questions and answers.
If you have changed your name then please let the Company’s registrar, Equiniti know so that they have the right information registered on your shareholding.
Please click here for more details
Yes, if you are a shareholder who has a UK bank/building society account, you can arrange to have dividends paid direct via a bank/building society mandate.
Yes, existing dividend mandate details can be amended; to have dividends paid to a different bank/building society account. Dividend mandate details can also be de-selected if you'd prefer to receive payments by cheque.
If your registered address has changed, please contact Equiniti, who will update their records and keep you informed about your shareholdings, company meetings and voting procedures.
If a share certificate has been lost, stolen or destroyed, you should contact Equiniti by phone or in writing. They will then place a restriction on the certificate(s) to prevent these from being used fraudulently. You'll need to tell them about any certificates you still hold so they can identify which share certificate(s) is/are missing.
Before they can provide you with a duplicate certificate, you will need to complete and return the Letter of Indemnity form that we will send to you.
There are two different types of transfer service. The service you will need to use is dependent on whether the shares, you wish to transfer, are currently held as a share certificate or electronically held, as part of a Corporate Sponsored Nominee (CSN) service.
Here is a link to a FCA Share fraud warning leaflet, agreed with the Financial Conduct Authority, telling investors and shareholders what to do if they receive unsolicited approaches, normally by telephone, inviting them to undertake a transaction.
If you do not know the source of the call, check the details against the FCA website below and, if you have any specific information, report it to the FCA using the Consumer Helpline or the Online Reporting Form.
If you have any concerns whatsoever, do not take any action and do not part with any money without being certain that
- you fully understand the transaction;
- you know who you are dealing with and that they are registered with and authorised by the FCA; and
- you have consulted a financial adviser if you have any doubts. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it almost certainly is. You run the risk of losing any money you pay out.
If you are worried that you may already have been a victim of fraud, report the facts immediately using the Action Fraud Helpline. Should you want any more information about ‘boiler room’ and other investment-type frauds, you will find a great deal on the two websites below.
Action Fraud Helpline
0300 123 2040
Action Fraud Website
FCA Consumer Helpline
0845 606 1234
FCA Scams & Swindles Website
To reduce the risk of becoming a victim of fraud:
- ensure all share certificates are stored in a safe place, or hold your shares electronically in CREST via a nominee;
- keep all correspondence from the registrars which shows a shareholder investor code in a safe place, or destroy correspondence by shredding;
- when changing address, inform the registrars;
- if a letter from the registrars is received regarding a change of address and there has been no recent move, contact the registrars immediately. The shareholder concerned may be a victim of identity theft;
- know when the Group is paying its dividend. Shareholders may wish to have their dividends paid directly into their bank or building society account, both for the convenience and resulting reduction in the risk of the cheque being intercepted or lost in the post. It is advisable to inform the Company registrars about any changes to bank or building society details and shareholders should respond to any letters the registrars send them regarding this; and
- when buying or selling shares, shareholders should seek to only deal with brokers registered in their own country of residence or the UK.
UK 0371 384 2030 and Overseas +44 121 415 7047 Online: http://help.shareview.co.uk – from here you will be able to email your query securely.
* We are open between 8:30–17:30, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays in England and Wales.